New hot tub owners need the right spa accessories to get the most out of their investments. If you’re the proud owner of a relaxing, world-class hot tub, keep this list of must-have accessories in mind:
- A cover and lift. Protect the integrity of your hot tub with a form-fitting cover that will keep water/chemicals in and contaminants out. Many covers are heavy-duty protectors, so you may also want to invest in a cover lift to make opening and closing your spa a breeze.
- Spa steps. Make entering and exiting the hot tub simple with a spa ladder or spa steps. Well-designed steps should feature a nonslip surface to keep users safe as they move into and out of the tub.
- A spa rail. Add a spa rail alongside your steps to improve safety around the pool. Surfaces can become slick as users move into and out of the tub. A rail offers peace of mind for owners and can help users of all ages.
- Appropriate chemicals. Follow all manufacturer recommendations to maintain the appropriate chemical balance. Purchase the chemicals along with your pool to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for all users.
- Chemical storage. Spa chemicals pose little threat to human health when used as directed but are toxic in large doses. You wouldn’t want a small child or a pet to come into direct contact with these undiluted substances. Consider spa steps with built-in storage or a locked container near the tub to safely store chemicals
- A protective spa pad. Hot tubs need to rest on level, solid surfaces. Wherever you plan to install your tub, invest in a spa pad to eliminate the need for additional installation work. Modular spa pads are easy to install and will protect the hot tub and underlying surface from damage.
This list of must-have accessories covers the basics of spa ownership. In addition to these essentials, many spa owners invest in experience-enhancing accessories such as shade-providing umbrellas, aromatherapy crystals, and drink/food holders. The right assortment of accessories will keep a spa in top shape and deliver an exceptional user experience year after year. For more information about must-have items, explore our spa accessories.